Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Silicone or high temp gasket maker wanted — Parallax Forums

Silicone or high temp gasket maker wanted

I’ll throw this out there on the off chance that perhaps a forum member knows of someone who does small-run custom gaskets, or perhaps has this capability them themselves. I prefer to give this business to a small mom and pop shop.

This gasket goes between a burner assembly and a heat exchanger. Top end temperature is about 400F with occasional brief surges higher. Thickness isnt critical: anything between 0.025” up to about 0.090” or even a bit larger is fine. Non-precision tolerances. Prefer a silicone-like material (reusable) or any material that doesnt take a “hard set” or get brittle quickly. Not a pressure assembly… just gets a bit hot and must seal against burner gasses up to about 0.1 PSI. About 3” by 4”, oval with hollow center. PM me for details. Will order in qty 100 lots.

Comments

• I've got a laser cutter that could make those gaskets, as long as the material does not contain chlorine. Maximum work envelope is 16" x 12".

-Phil

• I’ve use a gasket company before, I think they where located in Florida. HS White, they will make any gasket, even one or two out of various materials. The gasket cutting machine is a vibrating knife design just for cutting gasket, but you could use a local water jet cutting company.

• @DigitalBob said:
    I’ve use a gasket company before, I think they where located in Florida. HS White, they will make any gasket, even one or two out of various materials. The gasket cutting machine is a vibrating knife design just for cutting gasket, but you could use a local water jet cutting company.

Yes, H.S. White. I've used them before and they're very easy to work with. https://hswhite.com/

• JRoark,

Try Apple Rubber Products.