Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sentimental Sunday: Crankenstein — Parallax Forums

Sentimental Sunday: Crankenstein

Can't recall IF I ever posted this previously. If so, it's lost after the forum reorg. I was just reminded of this thru Facebook.

Here's a custom animated sculpture we (Hot Wheels Design) made for a charity auction in 2006. I did all the electronics with a few BASIC Stamp 1 (!) project boards. Lights, sounds & motors are all synced together. The "tachometer" is built on a plasma disk, and the needle is moved by a servo via a thin wire. A great team effort between several talented artists and me, the only engineer in the group.

@JonnyMac has done equally impressive things with BS1s over the years as well. 256 bytes of EEPROM and 4 Mhz of fury remain perfectly adequate for many tasks. :)

Comments

• Very cool. Well done.

I am thinking I might have to make a trip to Torrance Electronics to check it out. Perhaps we could meet for coffee or lunch.

• That was pretty cool.

You know, I think I had its equally-possessed cousin under my hood when I ran an SCCA ITA car at Willow Springs in the 90’s. Lol!

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254

@JonnyMac said:
    Very cool. Well done.

I am thinking I might have to make a trip to Torrance Electronics to check it out. Perhaps we could meet for coffee or lunch.

Cool, it's been too long! 2014 to be precise.