Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone Know if This is an Older Homework Board? — Parallax Forums

Anyone Know if This is an Older Homework Board?

Anyone know if this is an older homework board?

David

Comments

• Is that a non parallax third party board?

• Actually, that is what I am thinking too. Nowhere on the board does it say Parallax (as do all the rest of my BS1 and BS2 boards).
    The only other markings on the board are: LUCT - 25th week of 2009.

David

• A keystone 1294 is a 9 volt battery holder, the board looks like a BS2 carrier board knock off

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2022-01-17 23:11

Interesting board.That DIP socket your board is more akin to a BoE. HW boards have an onboard SMT BS2 and IIRC 220 ohm protection resistors on all I/O lines. That huge breadboard beats the 170-hole minis on Parallax boards.

I'll trade you a serial HW board for it!

• Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,166
    edited 2022-09-03 23:11

Hello!
    At first I was inclined to agree with the two gentlemen wearing odd hats. But to my mind it did look to me as a developer board for the OEM variety of the BS2. But that would be for the through the hole varieties. it would also need two capacitors to talk to the Stamp via its serial connection. And also power connections. But that's just me. Where did you get it? That would be a big help here.

No mascot as he's not interested in Parallax this year.

• Looks like a kit that was never finished. In addition to the caps; it's missing the reset switch and two 16 pin 220 ohm resnet resistors.

• @Daphyl01 said:
    Actually, that is what I am thinking too. Nowhere on the board does it say Parallax (as do all the rest of my BS1 and BS2 boards).
    The only other markings on the board are: LUCT - 25th week of 2009.

David

Parallax is -- and always has been -- very good about marking their boards with their logo, part number, and support info (phone #, etc.)

• Daphyl01,

I believe that's the board from 123 Robotics Experiments for the Evil Genius which is a clone of the Homework Board.
    It looks similar to the board pictured near the back cover.
    Refer to Experiment 11, Assembling the Included PCB, on Page 31, which is Page 39 of the PDF.
    https://archive.org/details/123RoboticsExperimentsForEvilGenius/page/n38/mode/1up

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254

Good call, Genetix!