Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for ETA on availability of the Edge-EC-32MB — Parallax Forums

Looking for ETA on availability of the Edge-EC-32MB

I want to place an order soon and the shipping costs mean I'd rather not have to place two orders.

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,184

Also, P2 microSD Add-on Board (SKU 64009) schematic shows unused accessory header pins and unconnected SD data pins. Seems something of an oversight not connecting all the data lines.

Another one: The Edge EC's schematic is using wrong pinout numbering for the 4UCON 10156, 80 pin edge connector. PCB edge connectors are normally numbered interleaved sides rather than along one side then the other. Bit of a hassle when the prebuilt library parts don't match up. I just hope that pin1 aligns at least.

• ETA on availability of the Edge-EC-32MB - Plan for January, hope for Christmas.

• 64009 - Noted.

P2-EC pin numbering - Preferences will vary. The Parallax libraries (images attached) match the pin ordering. Note pin one marked by the arrow, which aligns to the pin one marking on the connector.

edited 2021-11-06 14:50

Thanks for the quick update Von. My current design is using the Edge EC sans-32MB anyway. I think I'll have to order without the -32MB version.

EDIT: I'm using KiCAD rather than DipTrace so am relying on its libraries. I was thinking I'd be making my own part for the edge socket but it turns out KiCAD came with that one. But yeah, it's numbered according to regular edge connectors so I've had to reinterpret the numbering. It's all sorted now.