Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digikey ROCKS!!!! — Parallax Forums

Digikey ROCKS!!!!

Received notification, early afternoon Monday, UK time that my P2 order was being processed in MN, USA. First thing this morning (Wednesday), a Digikey box was sitting in front of my monitor....outstanding B)

Thanks, Parallax; I am stunned by the quality of these products. I ran around the shop to show everyone but these are welders and machine-shop guys...they told me to "get a life" :lol:

Comments

• I have to concur with both your assessments. DigiKey has crazy good logistics & parallax products are superbly designed. Kudos are well justified.

• They will never know the thrill of small packages, the crinkle of anti-stat bags, or the glimmer of fresh solder mask. Theirs is a limited world indeed, but Parallax, bless their hearts, tries hard to make this experience available even to the knuckle-dragging masses. If only they would take that first step and buy a FLIP module! What a wonderful world awaits them! :)

• Digikey isn't the cheapest. But you get what you pay for. S.

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,861

I like the labels they print on the bags. I cut them out and tape them to the bins that hold the parts...

• Yeah, much better labels than the cheap thermal ones some other suppliers use, that fade to invisible after a few months.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069

@VonSzarvas said:
    Yeah, much better labels than the cheap thermal ones some other suppliers use, that fade to invisible after a few months.

???
    I haven’t seen Mouser, Future Electronics, Element 14 or LCSC labels fade.

• ScroungreScroungre Posts: 161
    edited 2021-08-27 04:48

@Rayman said:
    I like the labels they print on the bags. I cut them out and tape them to the bins that hold the parts...

Some of my bins do have Digikey labels on them, but they're miserably small fonts. I have lousy eyes, and I like to scan over several from some distance away. Even on the bags in the chip tube drawers I like to add labels with bigger text on them. S.

PS - a Sharpie on masking tape is by no means perfect, but it goes a long way.