Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Program exceeds runtime memory limit(512KB) — Parallax Forums

P2 Program exceeds runtime memory limit(512KB)

What is the work around for this error, P2 prop tool

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    edited 2021-06-17 21:25

I think it's saying that you code is bigger than HUB RAM...

I guess you need to make it smaller or move some things to external memory...

• Thanks, but It works in 2.2.0.0 alpha prop tool but not in 2.4, so whats the issue with 2.4????

• @DigitalBob said:
    Thanks, but It works in 2.2.0.0 alpha prop tool but not in 2.4, so whats the issue with 2.4????

The interpreter probably grew a little bit. I wouldn't recommend using the whole 512K, it's probably best to leave 1 or 2K free to adapt to changing circumstances (like bug fixes and new features in the Spin2 interpreter). Although it might be something if @"Jeff Martin" and @cgracey could make the version of the interpreter selectable, so you could pick a stripped down low feature version that's guaranteed not to grow, for programs that are really tight on memory.

• Have you tried compiling it with PNut?

• Pnut, maybe, I need to save PST and other objects in it, etc.., the old flex gui crashes, but 2.2.0.0 is smooth as silk, there must be unresolved bugs in 2.4

• AribaAriba Posts: 2,682

Have you tried version 2.5.3 ?

• I didn't know there was a 2.5.3, But now it works, 2.5.3 seems to have replaced 2.4

• Also, is debug enabled?