Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P1 DIP pin compatible breakout board for P2 — Parallax Forums

P1 DIP pin compatible breakout board for P2

Hello, does anybody have (and is willing to share) a design for a P1 DIP pin compatible breakout board for P2.

What I'm looking for is something like a Propeller FLIP module.

I'm Just looking for an easy hardware upgrade for P1 DIPs.
As a beginner in electronics I could manage to power & use a P1 chip. P2 chips with additional 1.8V power supply look a lot more scarier to use (and to solder as well).

Comments

• Sure can, I'll send you info and photos

• It's not really pin compatible to the P1 FLIP module but might be a good starting point: https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1510016/#Comment_1510016

• This is what we've been using. The P2, flash and crystal are under the board, like the Flip. Regulator options are on top while we evaluate and test different options.

You can also add up to 2 Mikrobus Click boards on P32~59 if you want to

Board is 2.1 x 1.0". It plus into P1 dip socket, either using 0.025" square pins, or we have machine 0.5mm options too.

The only thing we struggled with is pin 24, which is accessible on adjacent row if needed.

• Thanks for the answers.

I'm looking for propeller 1 pin comparability, not with the FLIP module.

Tubular, what was the problem with P24?

• Yes, these do p1 compatibility (0.6" DIP40 as per the P8x32a pinout). The crystal pins aren't used as there is a 20 MHz crystal on the P2 board. The Vin can be set up for whatever voltage, for P1 compatability this is 3v3 and so the 3v3 regulator isn't needed.

P24 on 0.6" DIP40 is difficult due to the size of the P2 IC underneath. I do have another design that regains P24, but thats not what we've been using