Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 FlexProp upload — Parallax Forums

P2 FlexProp upload

pic18f2550pic18f2550 Posts: 392
edited 2021-03-18 20:41 in Propeller 2

Hello,
is it normal when the terminal is closed that the P2 gets a reset?
- Xubuntu

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860

Doesn't for me with Windows...

• Closing the terminal on Debian Linux doesn't seem to reset the P2 either -- my LED blinker is still running happily even though I closed the terminal and then exited flexprop.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,187

No issue here with Kubuntu 20.04.

• @pic18f2550 said:
    Hello,
    is it normal when the terminal is closed that the P2 gets a reset?
    - Xubuntu

No, it's not.
    I am using the latest 64 bit Xubuntu (v20) and the latest 32 bit Xubuntu (v18) on another ancient laptop and have not noticed this issue even once. Closing the terminal program, minicom in my case, does not have any impact on the program that runs on the P2.

• @Rayman
    Win 10
    P2 Will not talk to each other at all.

But talks with the Propeller Tool, on the same computer.

I get the same message from time to time under Xubuntu.

Ok, that is the same problem @"Ken Gracey" had in another thread... Seems you need a new loadp2.exe posted in that thread...

Something seems different with new setups...

Try replacing your loadp2.exe with this one.

A power supply issue maybe.

• I have already tried out various power supply units.
    I checked the 1.8V and 3.3V with a storage oscilloscope. No voltage drops can be detected.

edited 2021-03-20 10:19

My experience is solely with the Eval Boards. I'm still waiting for the hyperRAM edition of the Edge to come out. Maybe there is a difference with the prop-plug behaviour.

• I got a newer driver for Win10, I will test it next week.
    Could the Linux driver have the same bug?

Another question is, why does the console open every time I transfer a programme, even though I don't want it to.

Flexprop uses loadp2 for downloading to the prop2. Loadp2 only has console interface.

• @pic18f2550 said:
    Another question is, why does the console open every time I transfer a programme, even though I don't want it to.

If using flexprop, what Are your Configure Command Compile settings? Do they include "-t" or "-T"? for the load command?

• -t and -T are removed, but the console still opens.

edited 2021-03-20 20:51

The terminal mode is for the program running on the prop2. Irrespective of that, loadp2 still reports via the console. Not opening it may hide what happened in the downloading.