Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller1 firmware development contract work — Parallax Forums

Propeller1 firmware development contract work

Hello -

I hope that I'm posting this in the proper place. Please direct me, if not.

I'm looking for a Propeller1 programmer to help me with some custom firmware. What follows is a copy of a post I recently submitted to a contractor-brokerage service. Any interested parties should contact me by email or PM. Thank you!

Chris

______

Background:

Big Fin Scientific creates smart technology to empower better environmental policy decisions. We manufacture electronics equipment and software which is used to gather fish and aquatic ecological data. Our customers include state and federal government agencies, scientific researchers and fishery managers.

Our waterproof, portable "fish measurement board" uses the Propeller micro-controller and communicates with Android and Windows data-gathering applications via Bluetooth and USB. We're seeking someone who is proficient in developing software for the Propeller or similar chips at an "Assembly language" level. The firmware is written in a Propeller-specific language called "Spin" (a higher-level language similar to Arduino) and "Propeller Assembly" which is a Propeller-specific flavor of assembly language.

We're seeking:

An experienced micro-controller developer who will:
* Create new firmware "objects" which run on the Propeller and interfaces and controls other IC devices (ie, "device drivers")
* Maintain and update firmware for standard and custom builds (ie, customer-specific builds)
* Create a "universal" firmware build which can be used across our primary circuit boards
* Create and maintain documentation about the firmware

Experience and proficiency in micro-controller assembly languages in general will be necessary. Proficiency with the Propeller languages (Spin and Propeller Assembly) is highly advantageous but not required.

Logistics:

We're seeking a relationship with a freelancer (not a company) who can work part-time with us over an extended period of time (preferably 2+ years). After an initial period of approximately 4-6 weeks of intense activity, weekly demands will vary up to 15 hours per week, which will correspond to demands from customers plus objectives related to new product development, product hardware changes and modifications to our Android application.

Interested parties:

Please send us your CV and an introduction to tell us about yourself. Thank you for your interest!

Big Fin Scientific
www.bigfinscientific.com
info@bigfinscientific.com

Comments