Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Original (unopened) Propeller 2 ES Evaluation Board (RevA) for sale or swap — Parallax Forums

Original (unopened) Propeller 2 ES Evaluation Board (RevA) for sale or swap

octettaoctetta Posts: 123
edited 2020-09-18 00:17 in Propeller 2
I purchased this back when I thought I'd have time to mess with the P2, but never ended up opening it.
I bought the plexi-case that fits it too which I'll throw in the box.
Don't know what it's worth for cash or swap, so anyone interested, please reach out to me with an offer.
Thanks!
(moderators : apologies if this doesn't belong here... no worries if you need to move or re-move this post... just let me know how I should reframe my post)

Comments

• Is it RevB or RevC?

• octettaoctetta Posts: 123
    edited 2020-09-18 00:19
    Publison wrote: »
    Is it RevB or RevC?

I honestly don't know... it was the very first one sold in November 2018... was there a RevA?

UPDATE: It's a RevA... I had to peek at the Parallax store / documentation to tell.

Nonetheless, it's totally unused. It's still sitting in the box Parallax shipped it to me in.
  • Nope. Rev A is a museum or display piece.
    Not spending a second more thinking on this.
  • whicker wrote: »
    Nope. Rev A is a museum or display piece.

Is that the answer for the entire community?
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    octetta wrote: »
    whicker wrote: »
    Nope. Rev A is a museum or display piece.

Is that the answer for the entire community?

Possibly, but someone may be interested in adding it to their collection.
  • Unfortunately, that's how I see my Rev A as well. It's a really cool piece of history, and one that I've no regrets buying, but functionally, pretty worthless :(. I suppose that is the risk of being an early adopter.

I do wish you the best of luck in your sale though. It ought to be worth something to someone who wants this unique piece of Parallax history.
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    Don't be short sighted. There will be children and grand children and if you can not inherit a forest in CA, so you can inherit one of the rare propellers. I have one on my desk and sponsored one to a real computer museum. Imagine to have a piece of silicon that rarely exists! Like an early car in the times, were no cars exist any more! There were 48 Zuse Z22 build and about 11 exist today. The P2 you will think all your lifetime about with joy, the P45 not. So keep the board. The P2 you can not get rid off by voting. So save your vote!
    Nope....

Boy... I dunno. I think this could be a sign of someone who is trying hard to convince themselves not to buy. :)

• A rev C chip costs $15 which could replace the rev A chip - is that right? So someone who wouldn't necessarily fork out the $150 for the latest P2-ES might be interested?
  • The only difference in PASM2 between an A and B/C is that an A supports a pointer offset range of -16 to 15, and B/C has a pointer offset range of -32 to 31. You can use a B/C assembler and run the code on an A as long as the pointer offsets are in the range of -16 to 15. Of course, there are also differences in the smart pins, so that could cause a problem running B/C code on an A.
  • Dave Hein wrote: »
    The only difference in PASM2 between an A and B/C is that an A supports a pointer offset range of -16 to 15, and B/C has a pointer offset range of -32 to 31. You can use a B/C assembler and run the code on an A as long as the pointer offsets are in the range of -16 to 15. Of course, there are also differences in the smart pins, so that could cause a problem running B/C code on an A.

The wobbly PLL in Rev A and lack of code compatibility means it should be shelved. Rev A prototype bought time (over a year) to get a head start, and that time is now up.
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    The only difference in PASM2 between an A and B/C is that an A supports a pointer offset range of -16 to 15, and B/C has a pointer offset range of -32 to 31. You can use a B/C assembler and run the code on an A as long as the pointer offsets are in the range of -16 to 15. Of course, there are also differences in the smart pins, so that could cause a problem running B/C code on an A.

The wobbly PLL in Rev A and lack of code compatibility means it should be shelved. Rev A prototype bought time (over a year) to get a head start, and that time is now up.

Got it. Contact me if you want this before I release it to the e-waste folks.