SPI

15678911»

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 11,686
    edited 2020-09-09 - 21:35:03
    That's a good start! We all go to rev E..D.. and beyond.:)
  • bbrien wrote: »
    fabricating is easy 1; draw schematic in Kicad 2; route board. 3; send G. files to Osh Park. 3 boards for $5.00/square inch.
    I also learned to unzip zipped files.

Autoroute? Looks like it but it doesn't do well with grounds, just connects them up as if they were signals with thin tracks etc. Expect problems.

But nonetheless why don't you just do the boards then test out the software so that you are not juggling not knowing if the bug is in hardware or is it in software?

I didn't realize that it was necessary to learn how to unzip files though. But if there was learning required then PCB design must be thousands of times more.

• bbrien wrote: »
    fabricating is easy 1; draw schematic in Kicad 2; route board. 3; send G. files to Osh Park. 3 boards for $5.00/square inch.
    I also learned to unzip zipped files.

Autoroute? Looks like it but it doesn't do well with grounds, just connects them up as if they were signals with thin tracks etc. Expect problems.

But nonetheless why don't you just do the boards then test out the software so that you are not juggling not knowing if the bug is in hardware or is it in software?

I didn't realize that it was necessary to learn how to unzip files though. But if there was learning required then PCB design must be thousands of times more.
    See how easy it was! You don’t need to understand anything about electronic design either.
    We’ve wasted all those years learning for nothing ;)

• [/quote]
    ...We’ve wasted all those years learning for nothing ;)[/quote]

I feel sorry for you , guys but...you're not alone. Looks like I've wasted mine too :) and intend to waste some more.
    In fact, I am going to waste all of the years that I have left learning. Stupid me.