Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Smart Pins on the Propeller 2 with Chip Gracey and Jon Titus - Screen Shots & Smart pins doc — Parallax Forums

Smart Pins on the Propeller 2 with Chip Gracey and Jon Titus - Screen Shots & Smart pins doc

Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
edited 2020-08-25 01:33 in Propeller 2
Jon and Chip put on an excellent presentation on smart pins. Jon also updated the smart pins Doc(thanks Jon) .

Video :
Propeller 2 Live Forum - Early Adopter Series: Smart Pins with Chip Gracey and Jon Titus

Smart Pins Doc (uppdated)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTA4dwbntgaUVnpt0-9pDcFCVSsvCUnU/view?usp=sharing

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png
15.png
16.png
17.png
18.png
19.png
20.png
21.png
22.png
23.png
24.png
25.png
26.png
27.png
28.png

1.png 848.9K
2.png 487.4K
3.png 567.6K
4.png 718.9K
5.png 784.7K
6.png 140.2K
7.png 803.6K
8.png 482.5K
9.png 436.7K
10.png 456.1K
11.png 446.6K
12.png 232.4K
13.png 234.7K
15.png 255.8K
16.png 360.8K
17.png 291.9K
20.png 244.7K
22.png 594.1K
21.png 305.3K
23.png 147.3K
24.png 434.9K
25.png 670.9K
27.png 124.1K
28.png 377.7K

Comments

• Thanks Bob! I should shave before I go on camera. :)
  • @"Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)" excellent chronicle of yesterday's marathon. We appreciate you doing this, as it inspires participation among everybody.

I'm working on posting the video, too.

Ken
  • Thanks @"Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)" !

Please update your link in the first post to the "master" link where I've fixed it to allow download / print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iTA4dwbntgaUVnpt0-9pDcFCVSsvCUnU/view

Also note: Google's Word DocX preview isn't rendering the format perfectly (it has bitmaps covering some of the leading text); however, if you sign in with your Google account, then click the Open With > Google Docs button at the top, it will render just fine (plus you can post comments).
  • @ Jeff Martin
    Please update your link in the first post to the "master" link where I've fixed it to allow download / print.

Done , thanks!

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Great presentation guys!

Also was nice to have a free chat afterwards so thanks Ken!

Those docs look great Jon! A must to read asap.
  • YanomaniYanomani Posts: 1,524
    edited 2020-08-20 20:56
    Hi Jeff Martin

Super! Thanks, again.
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Great presentation guys!

Also was nice to have a free chat afterwards so thanks Ken!

Those docs look great Jon! A must to read asap.

Sure, you bet. I realize this is important and we'll leave the Zoom meetings open as long as you would like in the future.

However, I'll cut the recording at some point - say 1.5 hrs - since after this the files become entirely too big to manage or edit. I think that some discussion in the free-chat session after the presenter is more or less "officially done presenting and taking questions" could allow more open sharing of ideas which won't be saved to YouTube for the world to see.

This would provide me a system to follow. Sound okay?

Ken Gracey
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,155
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    However, I'll cut the recording at some point - say 1.5 hrs - since after this the files become entirely too big to manage or edit. I think that some discussion in the free-chat session after the presenter is more or less "officially done presenting and taking questions" could allow more open sharing of ideas which won't be saved to YouTube for the world to see.

That sounds fine, I doubt anyone expected the free-chat video part to be recorded anyway.
    What could be useful, is to have a text file record of the Zoom chat text messages/Q&A - is that possible ? That would be very small.

• @"Ken Gracey"
    @Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) excellent chronicle of yesterday's marathon. We appreciate you doing this, as it inspires participation among everybody.

Thanks! Ken. A marathon it was but it was great fun!

• TubularTubular Posts: 4,640
    edited 2020-08-21 01:41
    Yeah agreed cut it after the main presentations

However there is some considerable gold sparsely spread through the discussions after these main presentations, and I've realized how precious these presentations and discussions are, as well as hearing latest parallax news from those at the coal face, so am forming some habits around these.

~6am do the most important thing thing of the day, whatever it may be. If nothing else at least that much gets done...
    6.45am gather up mundane tasks that can be done while watching presentation
    6.50am pick up breakfast from the local
    7.00am tune in. mute mic. eat breakfast
    8.00am tapping metal holes, MikroE pin use spreadsheet etc
    9.00am Tig welding while tuning in on mobile phone in pocket (second login)
    10am Wow this thing is still going. More tapping metal holes (elevated moving elbow in the vid). At some point I broke a tap
    later Catch up with OzPropDev and Roger on the phone. Relate to Roger why he should have woken up early and been there, cos they were discussing Hyperram or SDL or whatever

Also, apart from the main material the asides are super useful. Even things like using active (imperative?) voice in docs, how other people work efficiently, seeing other decades+ projects like Rubidium, Virtual Breadboard the other week, Prop2 itself is decades+, as would be the aviation thing Peter was working on in the background,

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Agreed, cut the video recording after the Q&A.

During the discussion afterwards, I went off to do something and forgot to mute my mic. Fortunately Peter realised who it was and phone me. How embarasing :(
  • is there a video available?

Mike
  • Mike, it's coming soon.

I've had lots of trouble trying to wrangle this 4GB file into YouTube, so I'm cutting it down and making another attempt.

Will keep you posted.

Ken Gracey
  • @msrobots

Video: Propeller 2 Live Forum - Early Adopter Series: Smart Pins with Chip Gracey and Jon Titus

• thx

Mike