Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events

RsadeikaRsadeika Posts: 3,824
edited 2020-08-08 13:16 in General Discussion
Interesting problem, I am trying to log into the forum from a different computer and it is not excepting my login. I am using the same credentials as what is used on the normal computer that I use. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Tried again to sign in from a different computer, still not letting me in. Has something changed with the login process?

Ray
  • Do you have https: chosen in the address line? If not, maybe the forum is trying to protect you from sending your login credentials in the clear.

-Phil
  • I narrowed the problem down to just one computer, that is preventing the login.

It is a Windows 10 Pro setup with the latest upgrade. I am not sure as to where to begin trying to figure out the problem. My other desktop is also a Windows 10 Pro with the latest upgrade. And both computers have the latest Edge.

So, now what I need is a couple of rainy days, so outside work cannot distract me. LOL

Ray
  • Rsadeika wrote: »
    I narrowed the problem down to just one computer, that is preventing the login.

It is a Windows 10 Pro setup with the latest upgrade. I am not sure as to where to begin trying to figure out the problem. My other desktop is also a Windows 10 Pro with the latest upgrade. And both computers have the latest Edge.

So, now what I need is a couple of rainy days, so outside work cannot distract me. LOL

Ray

Hello!
    Ray? Are you using Edge? It's using a probably just barely successful port of Chrome to make it work. Try it using Chrome itself. Also see if you can instruct Edge to load itself without any add-ons.

----
    Strange? There's an Orca watching one of us at work.
  • OK, I think I found the problem, in Edge, you have to turn on the cookies thing. I guess Parallax Forums will not allow you to login, if you are preventing cookies.

Not sure if I like that Parallax Forums forces you to have the cookies thing-a ma-gig on, in order for you to login. Is Parallax Forums doing other types of tracking also?

Ray
  • Rsadeika wrote: »
    OK, I think I found the problem, in Edge, you have to turn on the cookies thing. I guess Parallax Forums will not allow you to login, if you are preventing cookies.

Not sure if I like that Parallax Forums forces you to have the cookies thing-a ma-gig on, in order for you to login. Is Parallax Forums doing other types of tracking also?

Ray

Only on your Gravatar one. Which is why I chose a photo from my collection.
    ---
    Strange now there are four Orcas watching someone from the Forums.
  • Rsadeika wrote:
    Not sure if I like that Parallax Forums forces you to have the cookies thing-a ma-gig on, in order for you to login.
    How would you propose that the forum know you're logged in without a cookie that says you are?

-Phil
  • Rsadeika wrote:
    Not sure if I like that Parallax Forums forces you to have the cookies thing-a ma-gig on, in order for you to login.
    How would you propose that the forum know you're logged in without a cookie that says you are?

-Phil

IIRC some forum softwares put a session ID into the query string (although they too prefer a cookie when possible).