Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The Mystery Box revealed that you read our newsletters; what kind of content do you want? — Parallax Forums

The Mystery Box revealed that you read our newsletters; what kind of content do you want?

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
edited 2020-05-14 03:21 in General Discussion
Hey all,

First the background view, where we're going, and then the question.

I admit that we focus the newsletter mostly on educational customers. All of you have been around Parallax for years and you know us for commercial and hobby uses of our parts: the Propeller, SX, BASIC Stamps, even PIC tools. There was a time many years ago when we felt the flow of Propeller chips would be frequent enough that we would focus our business more on this community (you remember our failed Gold Standard, the attempt at Parallax Semiconductor, etc). We tried but were underpowered and Chip had difficulty delivering anything on schedule; a focus commercial depends on his completion to some extent. We focused on education not only because we can succeed there, but it's a meaningful endeavor that we find rewarding and very purposeful.

Today, with P2 nearing completion we will attempt to recover/develop interest among the hobby and commercial user. It obviously takes a hell of a lot more than a newsletter - you want multi-platform tools, useful and well-documented objects, educational content, etc. This takes time and we will provide it with your help. Chip and the team are working in this direction, but we're smaller than we've ever been with 15 people, so it's a different situation resource-wise, but all of these people are long-term go-to humans you've come to know for 20+ yrs.

We would like to provide more of what the forum user (the hobby/commercial user and P2 enthusiast) want in our newsletter. I can certainly get information out of Chip, describe the state of our development tools, and communicate a lot more frequently than we've been doing. We can put any kind of content you'd like in this newsletter. I'll always try to sell something to you, too. I just can't resist.

What kind of topics would you like to see in our newsletter? You can also contribute something if you'd like!

Thanks,

Ken Gracey

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Ken,
    Just wanted you to know I, and I presume many others given the results and comments, read the Newsletters and of course the forums.

Topics and contributions? Need time to think on this.