Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Line feed in editor — Parallax Forums

Line feed in editor

Beginner question here. May be the first of many.
When entering program in editor, using the return key does not give me a line feed. My cursor does not move down the page.
I am using an hp ProBook 455 G2 with a Basic Stamp 2.

How do I move the cursor down the page as I am entering a program?

Comments

• ...odd. Never had that problem on the various desktops/laptops/notebooks used over the years.

I checked the "Preferences..." in the Stamp editor and saw nothing that govern line feeds.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    What editor are you using?
    It could be that your editor is expecting a "CR" and "LF" ("13", "10") while your laptop/keypad is set up to only sending "CR". There should be a setting on your laptop or in your editor to change that.
  • kwinn wrote: »

...doh! I shoulda asked that question. Seems I "assumed" the OP was using the Stamp IDE.
    davejames wrote: »
    kwinn wrote: »

...doh! I shoulda asked that question. Seems I "assumed" the OP was using the Stamp IDE.

LOL, I think we often miss the simple or obvious when we first see a question or problem. For sure I do so more often than I like. When I was fixing instruments and came upon a tough problem I often found an answer or at least a troubleshooting approach would come to me if I took a coffee break away from the instrument.