Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wasn't there a competition regarding single servo based robots? — Parallax Forums

Wasn't there a competition regarding single servo based robots?

Hello!
I'm busily revising, (and revising) my midsummer planned project list, and I recall that there was single servo based robots as a competition here on this forum and in this category.

Besides being powered by that lucky single servo, what else would people be looking for? Obviously inventiveness qualifies.

----
And this message is being sponsored by the builders of Astromech robots at Industrial Automation.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    There was, sort of, unofficially. Didn't really have its own thread like Figure 8. One of mine below. Whatchagot?

• Oh just a "thought experiment" concerning a single Parallax designed CR servo driven by an appropriate stamp. The servo itself spins the only drive wheel of course.

Regular wheels themselves surround it attached to a base of, would you believe Lego. In fact the wheels themselves are part of that catalog.

And of course the YouTube guessworks engine promptly took a guess that I was a strong Doctor Who fan.

Of course the strange part is that you did write that with help. Two cats, and a set of twins. The cats might even be......
    ----
    And this sponsored by the Chancellory Watch Marching and Chowder society.