Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BlocklyProp - Code Block? — Parallax Forums

BlocklyProp - Code Block?

Just wondering if there were any plans to add a code block so people could start to write code snippets in C or Spin. This would allow an orderly progression from using single purpose blocks to programming.

I'm attending the Electromechanical Engineering Technician program at Sheridan College in Brampton, Ontario and they use a product similar to BlocklyProp. The product they use, which shall remain nameless, doesn't seem as complete as BlocklyProp to my way of thinking.

Note that the editor I'm using to type this message keeps flagging BlocklyProp as a spelling error. You might want to fix that.

Sandy

Comments

• Note that the editor I'm using to type this message keeps flagging BlocklyProp as a spelling error. You might want to fix that.
    Spell checking is a function of the client computer, not of the website host.

-Phil
  • Currently, we have no plans to add a block for user-input code. That being said, you are welcome to log your request as an issue in our GitHub for BlocklyProp, for future review and discussion.

BlocklyProp offers a "View Code" feature in which you can see the C-language code your blocks are creating, and copy/paste that output into SimpleIDE. This can be used as a connective point between blocks and written code, especially if combined with our Propeller C tutorials.

• BlocklyProp offers a "View Code" feature in which you can see the C-language code your blocks are creating, and copy/paste that output into SimpleIDE. This can be used as a connective point between blocks and written code, especially if combined with our Propeller C tutorials.

That seems like a very handy feature for learning how to write code.