Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Blockly question - ActivityBot CR servo controls? — Parallax Forums

Blockly question - ActivityBot CR servo controls?

twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
edited 2016-10-22 04:32 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I looked at all of the ActivityBot motor control blocks. If I am reading things correctly, it appears that it is not possible to use a variable for the motor speeds; there are either dropdowns for constant values in some blocks, or just places to enter constant values in the others, but no places to insert a variable.

The S3 motor control blocks do have places to connect variables.

My intent was to mirror in blocklyprop my C program that uses a Sony camera remote to control the ActivityBot.

I realize that the current major effort is to develop BlocklyProp for educational use with the S3, but I was wondering if there is the intent to further develop the C side. If so, I think the ability to use variables in the ABot motor controls would be useful.

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2016-10-22 18:11
    Hey there Tom!

The ActivityBot blocks are currently not enabled. We have a plan to create them and foresee no obstacles in their development.

The S3's "Simple Scribbler" blocks do not have variable inputs, but those in the Actions / Motors category support both variable and constant inputs as shown here with the famous Google "item" variable name:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%2011.26.18%20AM.png

The ActivityBot is a top goal of ours, so you'll see it soon. It's right there with supporting the new WX (ESP 2866 module) and improved Hackable Electronic Badge support. My best estimate is that we'll see it by December. We're motivated to include the ActivityBot because it really completes the whole C / Blockly ecosystem. Next week you'll see the BlocklyProp Starter Kit released, too.

Ken Gracey