Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller HAT programming — Parallax Forums

Propeller HAT programming

I am trying to program a Propeller HAT with SimpleIDE. I am using a Pi2 with Jessie.

I have Propeller IDE as well as SimpleIDE installed and bot work with USB, Propeller IDE works with ttyAMA0 but SimpleIDE is not. I have made a .cfg file to work with the Propeller HAT as well as one to work with the Propeller Mini.

What do I need to change to get SimpleIDE to program the HAT?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi, sorry for the lack of responses.

I don't think the propeller-load that comes with the official release of SimpleIDE supports ttyAMA0. I don't use SimpleIDE, but when I started using the RPi to program the prop, the version of propeller-load that came with propgcc didn't support ttyAMA0, and I had to get one from one of Heater's threads. If you get it from there or download a newer propgcc and move the propeller-load from there to the SimpleIDE bin directory, it should work. At the very least, you could use it from the command line.

This info may be out of date, but I had this problem a year ago, and I now am using ttyAMA0 with my prop HATs all the time, and it's fast and trouble-free, something I can't always say about USB.