Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SimpleIDE on Fedora? — Parallax Forums

SimpleIDE on Fedora?

Has anyone gotten SimpleIDE working on Fedora? I found a utility to convert Debian to Fedora, but it complains about an out of date package in SimpleIDE!?
Amanda

Comments

• Alien? That's what I tried on the PropellerIDE .deb file - it didn't work there either. I got so frustrated with PropellerIDE on Fedora that I gave up before I tried SimpleIDE. I may try again some day....I may not.

It would be nice if someone else out there in the community shows up with an answer.
  • We haven't tried this ourselves.  It may not work in Fedora because of dependencies on packages already installed in Debian.
    Unfortunately, unless another forum member provides the magic steps that we don't yet know, your only option in Fedora may be to build the project on your system from the source.
  • I may give it another go tomorrow if I can kind of work on it in the background during conference calls and other work stuff.

It may be fewer steps to just spin up a Ubuntu VM and use the .deb file.

Time will tell!
  • Amanda,

Maybe this write up will help? It's the steps I went through to get SimpleIDE and propgcc working on my Fedora 22.

I'm not an expert by any means but I did work my way through this, so give it a try and ask if you get stuck! :o)
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,120
    edited 2015-07-11 13:57
    Amanda,

Maybe this write up will help? It's the steps I went through to get SimpleIDE and propgcc working on my Fedora 22.

I'm not an expert by any means but I did work my way through this, so give it a try and ask if you get stuck! :o)I'll give this a try when I get back from vacation. We're going up to Mt. Shasta for a week of no-holds-barred laziness! :-)@ - Who, apparently, hasn't mastered the art of quoting with the new forum software! :-(
  • Sure! I do all this work and you go off to an Xtreme Lazy competition!!

I'm kidding! Have fun and I hope you excel in all events!!! It will all be here on your return.