Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Resetting EEPROM — Parallax Forums

Resetting EEPROM

JAllen007JAllen007 Posts: 3
edited 2015-03-10 16:35 in Learn with BlocklyProp
While experimenting with some code I'd written on the Propeller Activity Board (code runs fine) I decided to try the "Load EEPROM and run" button. Everything works fine, but now as soon as I turn the board on, this code automatically runs. It's not a major problem, but I'd like to clear the EEPROM to get the board back to "normal". What's the best way to get the EEPROM back to it's original state?

Comments

• Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2015-03-10 15:29
    Just write a program that does nothing and burn it into the EEPROM. A minimal program that stops immediately would be something like "pub a".
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-03-10 15:31
    JAllen007 wrote: »
    While experimenting with some code I'd written on the Propeller Activity Board (code runs fine) I decided to try the "Load EEPROM and run" button. Everything works fine, but now as soon as I turn the board on, this code automatically runs. It's not a major problem, but I'd like to clear the EEPROM to get the board back to "normal". What's the best way to get the EEPROM back to it's original state?

Welcome to the forum.

The short answer is, what is in the EEPROM is there and it has overwritten what was there before. If you just want to try some code next time, choose the "Write to Ram".

By original code, which did you mean? Some Demo code that was programmed?
  • JAllen007JAllen007 Posts: 3
    edited 2015-03-10 16:23
    Typically I use the "Run in terminal" button with my programs. I'd been reading through some docs on the menu bar buttons and their functions and decided to experiment. There doesn't seem to be any adverse effect, other than I just don't want to have this other program run every time I turn the board on. Previously when I powered up, the SimpleIDE would just stay blank. I can still write and run just fine in all other respects, so the first response sounds good. I guess I just thought there would be a sort of "Reset to factory defaults" but can't find any documentation with detailed discussion regarding the purpose in having these 3 different "load and run" modes (although now I understand why you might want to write to the EEPROM).

"Thanks" to all of you for taking the time to respond.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2015-03-10 16:35
    I have had that issue more than once so I keep a "do nothing" program in my main Prop Folder. With F10 and F11 being next to each other my big fingers occasionally hit the wrong key.