Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ACTivity Bot Calibration Program Loaded into EEPROM -Delete/Erease/Load new progr — Parallax Forums

ACTivity Bot Calibration Program Loaded into EEPROM -Delete/Erease/Load new progr

aedford1551aedford1551 Posts: 29
edited 2015-01-04 11:34 in Learn with BlocklyProp
A . Question
Functionality great ! - but how do I delete the calibration program in the EEPROM ?.
I'm assuming it must be deleted if I want to load in "joystick /board - controlled Activity Bot programs -see attached
B.) Is the attached programs in the Learn Folders or library or do I just cut and paste into SimpleIDE editor
see the attached

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-01-04 11:29
    A . Question
    Functionality great ! - but how do I delete the calibration program in the EEPROM ?.
    I'm assuming it must be deleted if I want to load in "joystick /board - controlled Activity Bot programs -see attached
    B.) Is the attached programs in the Learn Folders or library or do I just cut and paste into SimpleIDE editor
    see the attached

I believe the calibration data is saved in the upper 32K of the EEPROM. Every time you write a standard SPIN program, it writes to the lower 32K of the EEPROM, leaving the calibration intact.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-01-04 11:34
    Every time a program is downloaded to the board, (via Program EEPROM, not RAM), the entire contents of the lower 32K of the EEPROM is over written, but SimpleIDE should not touch the calibration data in the upper 32K.