Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
This was great! — Parallax Forums

This was great!

Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
edited 2014-10-30 22:48 in Announcements
Thanks to all of you who participated in the contest. Parallax will be releasing stats at some point on the contest, but the response was overwhelming and I think they are still a bit behind because of all the applications. Word has it that about 45 prototypes came in out of over 90 entries.

I think the judging is going to take a bit longer than we estimated originally (August 15th). I'll be cracking open those entries and checking them out next week.

At some point, Parallax will post all the entries on learn.parallax.com. Contestants who sent in a prototype will also be listed as a chapter author in the CMU book on microMedic!

Thanks for all of those who participated, helped out, had ideas or were inspired.

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,861
    edited 2013-08-07 07:04
    Thanks for setting up the contest, it was inspiring.

I didn't know you wanted prototypes, or I might have sent one...
    The rules page said: "Please DO NOT send your physical project."
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2013-08-07 07:37
    We might invite some winning prototypes, especially for the museum. We didn't need them for judging, though.
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2013-08-16 03:45
    Updated notification:

Due to the popularity of the contest and the overwhelming number of final submissions we felt the need to call in additional judges. These judges must be given adequate time to review the numerous quality submissions we have received.

We regret that we are unable to announce contest winners today, August 15th, as was originally stated in the contest announcement and on our website.

Winning entries will be posted to the Parallax website by October 15th. Winners will be notified prior to this date.
  • deal-seek-101deal-seek-101 Posts: 1
    edited 2014-02-18 04:07
    I missed the contest....by the way who has won? :cool:
  • Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2014-02-19 09:19
    The winners have been posted to the microMedic contest page on Learn: http://learn.parallax.com/contest/micromedic

Clicking on the project names will let you read a bit more about them.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    edited 2014-08-25 19:54
    Here's an idea for MicroMedic 2, make a brain concussion tester. Develop a personal, affordable version of this BNA test... see what you can do with fewer than 256 electrodes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/concussion-test-that-feels-like--octopus-giving-your-head-a-hug--could-greatly-benefit-nfl-players--other-athletes-223226193.html
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    edited 2014-10-30 22:48
    Just saw this "innovation portal" where anyone can submit a medical idea to Boston Scientific: https://innovation.bostonscientific.com/

I know nothing about them (other than they are a sponsor of a marathon I'm running Sunday), but for anyone who has an idea for a medical gizmo sitting around, this might be a way to jump start it and possibly make some money.