Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
In the old ball park — Parallax Forums

In the old ball park

rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
edited 2014-04-23 20:10 in Propeller 2
There is never enough bandwidth or memory. So let's face it, no matter what Chip does, it won't be enough.
However... sometimes we get what we need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k. Chip and Ken do seem to be very facile at discriminating our various needs.
This new chip seems.... wonnnnnnderfulllllll.

After examining the tea leaves, I thought it was time for a sanity check... after all, I'm trying to write code from specs for a camera that I do not yet posses for a processor that won't exist for many moons... If that isn't a reason for a sanity check, I don't know what is. I have some questions... but not for Chip. He is busy and if he answers here, we will know that he is letting you guys down.

This is the first of several, mundane, senile questions that I have:

Is it true that it will take exactly the same amount of time to write a byte to hub memory as it does to write 128 bits to Hub memory?

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    edited 2014-04-23 20:01
    rjo__ wrote: »
    Is it true that it will take exactly the same amount of time to write a byte to hub memory as it does to write 128 bits to Hub memory?

Chips recent Data had this heading, which answers your question :
    New Propeller Chip - 16 April 2014

200MHz system clock
    	16 cogs with 2-clock instructions, hub execution at 50% cog speed
    	[B]512KB hub memory with 8/16/32/128 bit cog transfers[/B]
    	64 smart I/O pins
    	100-pin 14x14mm TQFP with exposed thermal GND pad

• SeairthSeairth Posts: 2,474
    edited 2014-04-23 20:03
    rjo__ wrote: »

Yes.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2014-04-23 20:10
    Thanks... I think I figured out the answers to my other questions... about cog synchronization.