Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DE2-115 - how to start it at all ... — Parallax Forums

DE2-115 - how to start it at all ...

feldtifeldti Posts: 1
edited 2013-04-02 07:31 in Propeller 2
I looked after the Propeller chip over the several months - but did not work with it because I had no hardware. After coming back to the forum I noticed, that an emulation is available for Altera boards.

I am reading the whole morning the thread about PII and emulating in the DE2-115, but actually I got lost how actually to use it.

-> I programmed my DE2-115 with the files from the archive

but then I'm a little lost.

Do I need the plugin board, which was send to several users ?
In another posting it was said, that it should work with the out-of-the box DE2-115 ? This would be better, because I have a variation of the DE2-115 - the tPad.

PNut.exe should be used to work with the board, but how do I connect it. Cross-Link-RS-232 with the build-in RS-232 port of the DE2-115 ? Or normal RS-232 cable.

Perhaps easy questions to answer, but difficult when starting ... Thank you !

Comments

• SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-04-02 05:12
    Hi feldti.

You can use base board without LCD. To be possible use Video possibility's You need that ad on board.

But for only stimulating cores NOT -- It is on forum one Config file that not need ad on board but still You need propplug ---

feldti wrote: »
    I looked after the Propeller chip over the several months - but did not work with it because I had no hardware. After coming back to the forum I noticed, that an emulation is available for Altera boards.

I am reading the whole morning the thread about PII and emulating in the DE2-115, but actually I got lost how actually to use it.

-> I programmed my DE2-115 with the files from the archive

but then I'm a little lost.

Do I need the plugin board, which was send to several users ?
    In another posting it was said, that it should work with the out-of-the box DE2-115 ? This would be better, because I have a variation of the DE2-115 - the tPad.

PNut.exe should be used to work with the board, but how do I connect it. Cross-Link-RS-232 with the build-in RS-232 port of the DE2-115 ? Or normal RS-232 cable.

Perhaps easy questions to answer, but difficult when starting ... Thank you !
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2013-04-02 07:31
    As was mentioned, for DAC output you need an add on board. Contact Parallax for that.

You need a Prop Plug for programming. Setup for that involves knowing where to plug it in. If you are not yet running with the add-on board, you can setup and interact via serial terminal using the monitor and Pnut.exe to get going.

I have a document here that describes the monitor and getting setup: http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98587&d=1357887830

It's not yet updated for the add-on boards.