Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop2 emulator add-on board when added, I can no longer see Prop2 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Prop2 emulator add-on board when added, I can no longer see Prop2

2»

Comments

• SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-26 17:24
    Hi Baggers.

Check if You can reset program loaded and run from PST by RESET button.
    If YES you have problems with PropPlug -- If not add-on PCB / NANO have problems

Baggers wrote: »
    Doh, pic is upside down lol

Cluso99,
    Yes, it was working unexpanded, until i updated it with the expansion board firmware, so it could use the new propplug pins etc and have the dacs working, but it doesn't talk to prop through PNut but works fine with PST through the built in monitor.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2013-03-26 18:32
    I have just discovered I cannot compile a P2 (DE0) program on pnut if the code exceeds 2KB (i.e. will only load to hub up to $165F and pnut inserts 32 bytes, taking it to $167F). So $E80-$167F = $0800 = 2KB. I wonder if this may be a problem for you as new DAT sections or ORG 0 does not rectify my problem. See my SerialDebug latest post for the code that checks this.

I will ask Chip about this in the Questions to Chip thread.

Postedit:
    potatohead has just told me that inbuilt loader in pnut has this restriction, not its compiler.
    The symptoms I was having is that the program would disappear/lockup and it was somewhat hard to do a reset using PST.
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2013-03-27 11:48
    Update for you guys.

PST can reset the DE0, by pressing space to go to the monitor, then ticking and un-ticking the DTR box, then press enter
    and then nothing gets printed until I press space again, to restart the monitor.

so it's not a prop-plug issue.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2013-03-27 15:29
    Baggers wrote: »
    Update for you guys.

PST can reset the DE0, by pressing space to go to the monitor, then ticking and un-ticking the DTR box, then press enter
    and then nothing gets printed until I press space again, to restart the monitor.

so it's not a prop-plug issue.

Gee. That's weird. So all the circuitry seems to work from other software, but PNUT can't trigger the reset?
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2013-03-27 17:26
    Yup, very strange isn't it, same prop plug, works absolutely fine on the DE2 :)
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2013-03-27 23:43
    There may be some anomaly in the RC circuit reset on Bagger's PropPlug. I've seen weird cases on other boards with the RC values (especially the PPDB). Any DTR toggle should cause a reset; it is not level driven, it is change driven.