Putting some money where my mouth is here is step one of a series of simple assembly programs to illustrate some basic assembly ideas and to ease you into assembly. My feeling is that the assembly for beginners requires a little more background in assembly than many have.
Step 1: Flash an LED
You will learn:
1. How to start an assembly cog
2. A simple way to load a variable into that cog on start up with no funny business (very handy)
3. How to set a pin as an output
4. One way to make a pin high
5. How to use waitcnt in assembly
DO read the comments
DO confer with the manual
DO ask questions if you really don't get anything
I'd appreciate glaring errors and suggestions for alternative methods to be emailed/messaged to me to avoid confusion in the thread and to keep in short and sweet.