Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Photoresistor testing — Parallax Forums

Photoresistor testing

pollackpollack Posts: 9
edited 2005-05-24 00:16 in Learn with BlocklyProp
i was just wondering how would you be able to test if a light·photoresistor is working using a simple circuit. all·I want to be able to do is use an LED and a couple of resistors to check if it works.

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-05-20 13:57
    Insert the photoresistor into an RCTIME circuit and test it that way. Then you'll be able to change the light and see the affect on the photoresistor. The only other parst you need are a cap (e.g., 0.01 uF) and a 220-ohm resistor. I use a smaller cap in RCTIME circuits that use photoresistors because their off resistance is so high.

Main:
    · HIGH PhotoPin
    · PAUSE 5
    · RCTIME PhotoPin, 1, testVal
    · DEBUG HOME, DEC testVal, CRLEOL
    · PAUSE 100
    · GOTO Main

attachment.php?attachmentid=37833

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 5/20/2005 2:16:23 PM GMT
    466 x 237 - 6K
  • edited 2005-05-24 00:16
    Pollack,

I would recommend looking through What's a Microcontroller.· It's available for free download from www.parallax.com·-> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.· It has a whole bunch of activities with step-by-step instructions to help you get the hang of creating projects with the BASIC Stamp and simple circuits, including all the ones you've been asking about.·

If you're interested in building and testing the activities, most of the parts are common and easy to obtain.· Parallax also sells the parts kit in several different packages: the What's a Microcontroller Parts Kit, What's a Microcontroller Full Kit, and the BASIC Stamp Discovery Kit.· Radio Shack also has·the·What's a Microcontroller BASIC Stamp Kit in their stores.· It's a great deal, and it includes·all the parts you'd need·for all the activities along with a·project board with·built-in BASIC Stamp.

Regards, Andy