Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New forum idea....info/reference forum — Parallax Forums

New forum idea....info/reference forum

steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
edited 2005-02-23 05:39 in General Discussion
Had a thought....

we've a nice new forum for new Projects!· That's excellent!

But was thinking....since the search function is fairly difficult to use....is there an merit in starting another forum just for Stickies with informative info.
So, Johns baud template in there....uhm....circuits for connecting relays and motors.
there's hundreds of bits of info that get posted but are deep within threads whose subject headings don't reflect that this info may be in there...so searching becomes that much harder.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·

Steve
http://members.rogers.com/steve.brady
"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."

Comments

• MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2005-02-22 14:12
    Yes, it's a very good idea!
    bugg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Geordi: "It's like the laws of physics went right out the window!"
    Q: "And why shouldn't they, there so inconvinient!"

Geordi LaForge, Chief Engineer, USS Enterprise, NCC 1701-D
    Q, Omnipotent Prankster
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-02-22 14:44
    I third the motion, There are topics which are asked repeatedly that should be availible in an easy to refrerence place (like component distributors, driver circuits etc). Though I think that the forum should be moderated, like the Anouncments forum, noone should have the ability to post directly to the forum to keep the area prisitine and easy to reference.
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-02-22 20:28
    I also think it is a good idea, but there are some editorial issues that would need to be resolved first. I think that individuals would need to step up to the plate in regards to a specific subject so that it all doesn't fall on the shoulders of the Parallax forum moderators. Also, some subjects, like the aforementioned suppliers list, probably should not be posted and maintained by Parallax. A question that Parallax would need to answer is, are there topics which they would not be willing to make sticky posts. Since the sticky attribute is controlled by the forum admins, i.e. Parallax, that would mean that Parallax would be giving tactic approval of what is posted. This is different than the normal rantings of those of us posting to the forums.

Jim
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-02-23 05:39
    The search engine is being updated. What we don't want to do is create a lot of band-aid forums that will ultimately become redundant.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA