Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help w/ search... — Parallax Forums

Help w/ search...

Vox AutomationVox Automation Posts: 2
edited 2004-08-31 14:24 in General Discussion
I'm logged in but can't seem to get search to work. I know visual basic is a topic but a search for "visual basic" returns zero results. Why?

Comments

• frasencifrasenci Posts: 34
    edited 2004-08-31 01:19
    what do you need ?
  • Vox AutomationVox Automation Posts: 2
    edited 2004-08-31 03:43
    Thanks for replying! I found what I was looking for in some archives I kept. I'm using VB6 to send/recieve byte variables to the BS2 which in turn controls some 3-wire synchronous chips, and I needed help in how to format the strings in a way that MSComm will accept.
    Thanks again,
    Wayne Hutchison
    VoX Automation, LLC
  • frasencifrasenci Posts: 34
    edited 2004-08-31 04:06
    6th sense Wayne ...... I was playing around with serial interface too.... ( Vbasic and Pc )

i am glad you found it.

Francisco
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-08-31 04:22
    As amazing as it may sound, it appears that the serach engine does not include thread titles in it's realm of searchable data.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.
  • KenMKenM Posts: 657
    edited 2004-08-31 13:54
    Something that I am sure is on you LONG list of things to do.
    IT Guy (Parallax) said...
    As amazing as it may sound, it appears that the serach engine does not include thread titles in it's realm of searchable data.

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2004-08-31 14:03
    Ken, Search does work - to a limited extent.· For instance, go to Search and enter "blinking, LED" and click on "any words".· You will get all kinds of results.· Remember if you enter more than one word in the Search window, the words have to be separated by commas.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    TWS/RWS RF Modules

http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html
    ·
  • Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-08-31 14:24
    The infamous To-Do list could become a full-time occupation. I notify the author of all issues and work on the ones that impact the membership most. All the corrections are sent to the author for inclusion in subsequent releases.

The search engine has a lot of potential. I think it needs a more comprehensive interface in order to take advantage at what is "under the hood". The key to it's use for now is to keep in mind that it can find individual words very quickly. It catalogs nearly every word in every post - misspellings and all. Compound searches are a bit strange because the interface does not automatically delimit each word in a phrase. Newzed's comment about using commas is critical to a successful search.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.