Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
FemtoBASIC for P2 - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

FemtoBASIC for P2

124»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2020-05-16 05:03
    Mike,
    I am suspicious that perhaps its a cr lf difference between PST and the terminal program inbuilt in fastspin. I tried an extra echo of the characters being received in the getline routine and that seems fine. I was at a bit of a loss about where to insert some debug info to see why its reporting a syntax error.

I did notice that driving the smartpins is different to what I do in that after configuring the pins I set dirh while you set dirl. Also I preset the tx buffer empty flag by sending an initial cr. However since it works with fastspin I don't see a problem here, and it didn't do anything when I changed it anyway.
  • hinvhinv Posts: 1,252
    I accidentally started another thread, because I did a search for femtobasic and didn't find anything recent for the first 3 pages of results. Now I would like to delete the thread. Anybody know how to do that?
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    hinv wrote: »
    I accidentally started another thread, because I did a search for femtobasic and didn't find anything recent for the first 3 pages of results. Now I would like to delete the thread. Anybody know how to do that?
    Just add " - deleted" to the title (edit the first post) and then let it die.
  • Here's my latest copy of FemtoBasic for the P2. It does autosensing for the Baud of the console when you enter a space or return after starting the program. It uses the standard flash for mass storage and can SAVE and LOAD named (8.3) Basic source files. It can also read and write data files up to a bit less than 1MB. I've added simple single dimension arrays and Unix-like USING formatting. The included manual briefly describes this new stuff. There's a PIXELS statement for use with Neopixel devices, but this seems buggy yet. There's also the ability to use named constants (following a "`") for many of the smart-pin commands and neopixel colors.

At this time, it's not well tested. Play with it and report bugs here please.

Note: FemtoBasic.command is a MacOS shell command file that will compile FemtoBasic using FlexSpin and load it (using Loadp2 and P2ES_flashloader) into the beginning of flash.