Another Maker Faire in the Books

I had two tables at the LA mini Maker Fare yesterday. Fun and exhausting, nonstop traffic for 6 hours. Just like last time, the most popular stuff is VERY simple, people love to push buttons and twist knobs. KISS=Keep it simple, stupid! My "Useless Box" was a hit, as were simple line followers on a figure 8 rack with a bridge. Also just some servo testers with a variety of servos attached, kids were twisting the knob all day. And a foam snowball shooter, triggered by a PING sensor. Also very popular was my Parallax S3 with a PING laser sensor for overhead hand control (shown end of video).

"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• ...dude! You shot that little girl in the face?!?

*8)
    Well-written documentation requires no explanation.
  • I was there -- sorry I missed you!
    Jon McPhalen
    Hollywood, CA
    It's Jon or JonnyMac -- please do not call me Jonny.
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,584
    davejames wrote: »
    ...dude! You shot that little girl in the face?!?

*8)

It's a harmless foam nerf "snowball"... I had a big sign up "line up here to get hit in the face with a snowball" so they knew it was coming. Nobody cried, that girl and everybody else kept coming back for more! :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,584
    JonnyMac wrote: »
    I was there -- sorry I missed you!

Likewise. TTYTT we were so swamped that I never saw anything else. I never left the booth in all 6 hours of the Faire. No eat, no pee!

- Pablo Picasso