New BASIC Stamp One board

Hello!
Now I've gone and done it. I took a Plexiglas board originally cut to hold that Arduino, and mounted on it a former proto board, its wearing the sockets that we can plug headers (or jumpers) into and rows of breakaway headers on, and added a small breadboard. I previously stuck a larger breadboard on it.

The idea was to use it to support the only BS1 device I have who does not have its own project board on it, and use it for development. Then when the program works without too much trouble it would then be used for confirming that it works on the (rare) OEM BS1 I have here.

As it happens I do have one of those fellows, it was sold to me by one of our members last year.

I'll have two photos up shortly. Watch this space!

Comments

  • And here is the first requested photo.

    newboard_0001.jpg

    That is the new board wearing the OEM BS1 running the Calculator on a Stamp One program. I'm using the original stereo to three lead adapter cable because I haven't as of yet wired a replacement one who only uses two ones, who'd connect to the Black and Red leads on the connector, sometimes the Black lead is actually the shield one.

    Oh and Jon your program is running along faster then light, since you did the translation for me back when the group was putting up with Yahoo.
    640 x 480 - 40K
  • Nice work, Buck!
    Whit+

    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • Than you!

    I'll probably try that one's two wire idea sometime today or tomorrow.
  • Getting closer now:
    ' {$STAMP BS1}
    ' {$PBASIC 1.0}
    
    SYMBOL serData = B2
    SYMBOL x = B0
    'Main:
    FOR x =1 TO 50
    DEBUG serData
    SERIN 7, T2400, serData
    DEBUG serData
    serData = serData + 1
    DEBUG serDATA ,x
    SEROUT 7, T2400, (serData)
    DEBUG serDATA
    'GOTO Main
    NEXT
    
    In this interpretation it runs inside a classic For/Next loop. Each displayed block is four numbers deep, and it runs for 50 steps, thus displaying two sets when finished.

    I chose that after starting to try out different cabling setups, originally the one I started with was built to make it easier for the Stamp2 which is sitting installed in any of two BOE boards.

    Ultimately the step is to reduce it to a two-wire cable instead of a three wire one originally intended for sound cards. The cable between the calculator and the stamp is not the one originally designed to link two calculators together to make program sharing easier, but instead the stereo cable used for connecting a sound card to an auxiliary input source. Which then connects to the calculator via an adapter, 1/8" stereo to 3/32" instead.
    Sadly the cables described here, smallrobot.bizland.com/bs2ti.html are both listed as discontinued by Mouser. The original page is after all rather old by someone's standards. And steps are indeed being taken to move the whole three wires from the calculator but only two used by the Stamp, reduced to just two wires from the calculator and even still used by the Stamp.
    ----
    As always this is being sponsored by the Friends of Dwarf Grumpy.
Sign In or Register to comment.