Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Oldie but Goodie (maybe) - Parallax tx315at and rx315at — Parallax Forums

Oldie but Goodie (maybe) - Parallax tx315at and rx315at

I just found, new still in the static bags, a rx315at and rx315at pair of transmitter and receivers just laying in one of my parts boxes. My boys got interested and want to hook em up but I can't find any info online about those.

I know these are pretty old but I was hoping somebody might have some documentation on these.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• Hello!
    First welcome to the forums if appropriate. Second did you try searching the Parallax site? Depending on how old the two are as applied to the site, you might find that there's still information on the site.

And third, you'll also find examples. Read them thoroughly. Depending on your targets you'll find some interesting hints there. (Parallax Prop for example or the BASIC Stamp.)

----
    And this message is being sponsored by the New Rebellion. Pilots are needed. Cargo drivers are also needed.
  • Yes I did search the site and the web in general. Usually you get a hit somewhere but these things I got none. They were made for parallax by dvp but that website is not that company any longer. I tried several different search engines too and no luck.

These have:
    Black - Probably ground
    Red - Probably 5V based on how old they are (1998)
    Yellow - Probably signal. Not sure the baud rate, stop bits, etc etc. I will probably guess 8n1 and see if I can get something through but they may be simpler or more complex than that.

They are pristine in their bags and begging to be hooked up. I have 3 boys that are just now learning electronics and robotics and they want to see these work. There are worse problems to have :-)
  • You have the connections correct. Use 8-n-1-9600 if I recall correctly. There's no hand-shaking or error-checking with these modules. Come up with your own scheme by sending the same thing 3x, checking to see that it was the same value 2x, or something like this. They work, but they're primitive compared to today's choices.

Ken Gracey
  • Hope you can make it work. It would be a good future reference so share the procedure.
  • Thanks Ken,

That helps for sure. I will post back if we get these working and include pinout confirmation and serial params.

Thanks guys.