Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Did someone here do this? — Parallax Forums

Did someone here do this?

Found this on the old interwebs. Just wondering if anyone here might have had a hand in making it.
Professional_4e4131_6551773.jpg
@erco perhaps
Would make for an interesting challenge, especially to add crosshairs and a distance meter to adjust the aim automatically.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Like it, especially if you can log in and take control to blast someone.

Anybody else here remember Netscape's interactive sign from ~20 years ago? You went to their site where there was a live webcam of a large format dot matrix sign display in a room somewhere, presumably Netscape HQ. You could enter a few words in a box on the page and they would show up on the sign a minute later. My first "live drive" web experience.

I Googled and can't find an image!
  • Now that's an idea. Set up one with a firing range of self-resetting targets and let users time-share.
    I used Navigator for quite a while but I do not remember the interactive sign.
  • Have to get some drum mags to extend the capability.

Fun stuff to think about.
  • Wasn't me.

But there is a rumor circulating that someone bought an Arlo robot kit, and then tracked down the papercraft patterns for making his own Dalek. He then combined the two. The blaster device was something patterned after a Nerf gun. It would roll around the different Cons offering the typical Dalek expression.