Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Friday Quiz - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Friday Quiz

13»

Comments

• Now you need an RC joystick, and you can drive your S3 like a pro!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Publison wrote: »

See also https://www.walmart.com/ip/ION-IT68-Compact-LP-3-Speed-USB-Conversion-Turntable/55205199

Half the price and free ship. Says 78 RPM stylus required, those big steel needles. I've heard of people in the old days using cactus needles for a stylus. This idiot uses the whole cactus!

• K2K2 Posts: 691
    @Phil: Serves me right for having no experience with robots that don't fly. Being such an ignoramus, I have to ask the following questions: Is that a board you made? Has it been around a while or is it new?

Seems like a great idea!
  • It's new. Still waiting for parts to arrive. Once I've got all my ducks in a row, I'll make an official announcement and provide a way to get them.

-Phil
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-03-02 21:03
    erco wrote: »
    Publison wrote: »

Anybody else have problems going to the Walmart site? I get a 1990's web site.

Walmart.jpg

Been like this for a couple of days.
    640 x 512 - 167K
    No sir, WM.com loads like normal.
  • That's usually what sites look like when their CDN is down.
    xanadu wrote: »
    That's usually what sites look like when their CDN is down.

A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.

!!!

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Yeah, looks like the page loaded but the CSS and Javascript it needs failed to load from wherever.

I hate that. When I visit a site, that I trust a bit, I want everything to come from that site. Not some random, content delivery/advertising/tracking/malware site that know nothing about and have no trust in.

Why do browsers even allow that? It's a mystery to me.
  • The worst part is when someone wants a site like wallmart.com unblocked by the web filter I have to go in and allow 5 different domains for the page to load, making the filter almost useless to have in the first place.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Problem is that even if we all blocked everything except the site we actually want to visit, thus rendering many sites useless today, it would not be long before those sites proxied requests for "foreign" stuff off to those content delivery/advertising/tracking/malware servers, via their cloud based load balancers and such.

It's hopeless.

• xanadu wrote: »
    I was running under Chrome. IE works fine. Scratching head.?

• Publison wrote: »
    xanadu wrote: »
    I was running under Chrome. IE works fine. Scratching head.?

Probably not the CDN in that case, or coincidence. Is the issue persistent? It could be adblock related if you use that. A lot of sites screw with adblock users.

I use Adblock Plus with impunity. No issues on Walmart.com or any other site AFAIK except those that say "turn off your ad blocker!"
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,172
    edited 2017-03-04 15:39
    erco wrote: »
    I use Adblock Plus with impunity. No issues on Walmart.com or any other site AFAIK except those that say "turn off your ad blocker!"

Like PCH? The ads they end up with are why I run Chrome with two blockers. Oh and Phil? Your gizmo from last week was used by Spock on that planet that caused them to go mad for the day and to go back in time three days.

Oh and what prompted your robots to be in London for the Cricket games, and the Football (Soccer) games, erco?