Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
An idea for p3(?) - 2-bank cog ram - Page 4 — Parallax Forums

An idea for p3(?) - 2-bank cog ram

124»

Comments

• rod1963rod1963 Posts: 752
    edited 2013-10-16 10:59
    A board like that should have been ready within a three months of the release of the Pi along with software that runs on the PI to program it. Didn't happen, probably won't happen for some odd reason. It's weird considering all the board builders on this forum.

Another opportunity is BeagleBoneBlack, a Prop cape should be a option for it.

I think one thing for the P2 developers to consider, A effort should be made to make the C/Spin compiler work on ARM's running Linux. Here's the thing the P2 looks to be serious I/O and front data acquisition engine. It would be nice on roll out day. Parallax could demo a P2 working with a SItara or other monster ARM chip and develop software for the P2 on the ARM as well.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2013-10-16 11:23
    rod1963,
    ...effort should be made to make the C/Spin compiler work on ARM's running Linux.
    Done already.

Get your SimpleIDE plus propgcc for the Raspberry Pi from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81267937/SimpleIDE-0-9-43.armv6l.raspberrypi-linux.tar.bz2

The first working version of SimpleIDE on the Pi was out a year ago. Not quite three months after the Pi launch but not bad. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81267937/SimpleIDE-0-8-4.armv6l.raspberrypi-linux.tar.bz2

That first version has a loader that works with the UART on the GPIO header on the Pi. Sadly it does not work on the newer version. I will be working on that gain soon.
    Here's the thing the P2 looks to be serious I/O and front data acquisition engine. It would be nice on roll out day. Parallax could demo a P2 working with a SItara or other monster ARM chip and develop software for the P2 on the ARM as well.

I can't agree more. Let's make it so.