Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Some general questions — Parallax Forums

Some general questions

T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
edited 2006-06-29 17:06 in Propeller 1
I am doing some motion control stuff and need to have a counter hooked up to an encoder on a stepper. Some guys keep tellingme to get a PIC 18xxxx with motor control functionality built in, which is fine if you know C. Seems too complicated for me. The stepper needs only 10 or less revolutions each way, 400 steps each rev = 4000 pulses to track. Can the Propeller use one cog as a dedicated up down counter and never miss a step, keeping that count in a Word that another cog can access at any time and use for comparison? I am sure this is possible, just wanted to confirm it.

I am decent at If Then and a few other primary coding in Pbasic, so does that mean that for very simple "If thens" and "GoTo's" that I could translate the Pbasic to Propeller without a lot of hassle? I am getting an LCD and those commands are very simple as well, hopefully that code will translate just as easily as the If thens.

In looking at the Propeller Tool, I don't see abuttong called spin, so I assume that since all the demo's are .spin that there is no program called spin, but it is just the language that the Tool uses.

Are there a total of 32 I/O's available? It says "general i/o" after all, but they seem to have other functionalitt as well, I just needed to make sure that you can really get that total.

If my project is already set up for 5, 12, and 24volts, what is the best way to get 3.3 into the Propeller without adding another regulator? is there a 3.3V Zener?

Is there a Pbasic > Spin translator script in existance [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Thanks for any help with some super boring questions