Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
chapter 3 ? ? — Parallax Forums

chapter 3 ? ?

Don PomplunDon Pomplun Posts: 116
edited 2006-06-13 02:43 in Propeller 1
The propeller manual seems to skip from chapter 2 to 4. I, of course, assumed that 3 would be bundled at the end of 2 - nope. Searching the forum on chapter 3 didn't yield anything, so I'll ask - where is chapter 3?
-- Don

Comments

• Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-06-12 18:50
    Chapter 3 is a work that is still in progress, and is due to be completed some time shortly...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket

KK
    ·
  • Ym2413aYm2413a Posts: 630
    edited 2006-06-12 19:24
    Chapter 5 which is about the propeller's ASM and opcodes is what I'm really looking forward too.
    I've been writing all of my ASM code out of what I find in the pre-package objects that come with the Propeller Tool.

Either way documentation or not... I'm sure getting a kick out of this fun little chip.
  • Don PomplunDon Pomplun Posts: 116
    edited 2006-06-12 19:32
    Thanks for the replies (haven't heard from Parallax officials yet).
    It just sems like there are a number of holes in the available literature. Also seems like I recall references in the present chapters to stuff in chapter 3. That's why I thought I might not have found it.
    Looks like a fun chip -- biggest problem is finding an application worthy of all that stuff !
    -- Don
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-12 19:41
    No, that's NOT a problem...

The REAL problem is deciding which one to do first...

smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2006-06-13 02:43
    Have you looked into the "Core Docs.pdf" file found in the Propeller Tool install folder? It has some information on the ASM commands. Enough for me to get started and have a good picture of how the assembly works.

I am with Gadgetman, I have plenty of applications for the Propeller. I am having trouble getting my mind out of 8-bit, ISR, world and thinking about the 8 processors in the Propeller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter
    tdswieter.com
    One little spark is all it takes for an idea to explode