Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DMCA — Parallax Forums

DMCA

parskoparsko Posts: 501
edited 2006-06-09 13:35 in Propeller 1
{This} article made me think of this community.

I'm not sure if we can post things like this here, but the last few paragraphs are what motivated me. Is this within the capacity of the Prop??

-Parsko

Post Edited (parsko) : 6/9/2006 6:44:48 AM GMT

Comments

• SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-06-08 23:19
    It looks like you forgot to include a link.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-06-08 23:52
    No, its there, hover your mouse over "This". I too didn't notice it at first, I searched DMCA which btw has nothing to do with DCMA.

Parkso, I guess Im missing it, but I don't quite get the connection to the Propeller. Thing is entertainment execs aren't engineers and thus don't understand that whatever scheme is drempt of can be circumvented. This is evident by their "(Insert Movie Title Here) part (insert·sequel number here)" formula for movies. They can only see the future through the prism of the past and miss that "outside the box" way of thinking that is used to thwart thier efforts every time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Life is one giant teacup ride.
  • parskoparsko Posts: 501
    edited 2006-06-09 06:51
    Paul,

No, I wasn't looking for any sort of political dicussion, as that is not pertinent. But, the article simply made me curious if this new IC developed by Parallax would "qualify" as one of these gadgets that these clowns are trying to outlaw. They seem to be quite persistant nowadays...

But, you are right, there is always some clever nerd out there that can get around some other nerds' encyption algorithm.

-Parsko
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-06-09 07:07
    I don't think the DMCA is of any concern in this case. The Propeller CAN generate a video signal, but it doesn't have the power to handle a videostream(like a MPEG fie).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-06-09 13:35
    Agreed, the industry is mainly interested in chips that enable users to make digital copies of thier "protected streams", the Propeller isn't powerful enough for that, thats typically done by specialized hardware typically using ASICs.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Life is one giant teacup ride.