Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Introduction and a small suggestion — Parallax Forums

Introduction and a small suggestion

Vampyr NoireVampyr Noire Posts: 13
edited 2006-05-30 16:08 in Propeller 1
Hello everyone,

I just thought I would take this moment to introduce myself as I have decided to join this amazing community of Propeller users. I have been a user of Parallax products for many years now, but I have never gotten involved with the forum community until now. I have been passively observing tihs section of the forum for the past couple of weeks, and I must say I am very impressed with this community. I have never been part of an online community that is so willing to share ideas and has such patience to help newcomers be successful in their endeavours. I am very excited to learn from all your experience and hopefully share my experiences with you once I get to a high enough level.

Also, one suggestion I have for the forum moderators if they are reading this: A couple of pages deep into the forum is a topic called "Spin Code Examples for the Beginner (Public Version)"
I have referred to that topic numerous times as I begin to experiment with my newly purchased demo board, and I have found it to be incredily useful for a newcomer to the Propeller such as myself. A couple of people have posted in the topic suggesting that it should be made "sticky" or pinned to the top of the list, and I would like to take this time to add another vote to that suggestion. Anyone new to the Propeller is likely to find it the single most useful topic on the board until they become more familiar with programming their new device.

Anyhow, keep up all the great ideas and posts everyone. I really am impressed by the knowledge level of the people in this community, and it is also very nice that many people from Parallax itself frequent these boards. 'Til next time, happy spinnin!

~Ken

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
vampyrnorie.jpg

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2006-05-30 01:55
    Hi Ken,

Good idea, and the thread from Dave Scanlan is now sticky so it can always easily be found for repeat visitors and new Propeller users. I agree with you on all of your points.

Thanks for making your second post!

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Vampyr NoireVampyr Noire Posts: 13
    edited 2006-05-30 02:36
    Holy cow, the response time on this forum is pretty fast! Thanks for taking my input into consideration.

~Ken

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    vampyrnorie.jpg
  • Kaos KiddKaos Kidd Posts: 614
    edited 2006-05-30 16:08
    And Vampyr.... your reply was from one of the "Big Guys" too.... Hehehe... I love this place...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Just tossing my two bits worth into the bit bucket

KK
    ·