Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop Tester — Parallax Forums

Prop Tester

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2006-05-25 12:15 in Propeller 1
Tracy Allen tells me my Stamp Tester should work on the Propeller with the proper program, since the Prop pins are arranged in four groups of 8.· I have the RCtime and Timing objects but RCtime only reads one pin.· If someone could write me a program to test Pins 0-7, 8-15, 16-23 and
24-31, I would be happy to give them a Stamp Tester.· I would like for the program to to test the groups in succession when any key is pressed and I would like to the results to be displayed on my 13" TV.· My board has the RCA connector for the TV object, tied to pins 12-15 with 1 percent resistors like the Prop Demo board.

Am I asking too much?

Sid
·

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2006-05-24 14:42
    With reference to the above post, I have attached the program I use with the Stamp as a guide.

Sid
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-05-25 06:38
    If all 32 data pins are being tested, how will the user connect a keyboard and TV?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
    edited 2006-05-25 12:02
    Good point, SSteve.· Guess I'll have to use a pushbutton to start each 8-pin sequence.· My board has an RCA connector with the proper resistors for the TV object so that should work.

Will you be able to help me - I am way over my head?· The directory for this program contains RCtime, Timing and TV objects.· I will add my pushbutton object.· I have started a top file to glue it all together, named Top File RCTime, but that is where I get lost.

Sid
    edited 2006-05-25 12:09
    The TV object uses pins 12, 13 and 14.· Maybe I can change my board layout so that the TV object resistors could be patched into a different group of pins.· Same with the pushbutton.

Sid
    edited 2006-05-25 12:15
    SSteve, would it be possible to read all 32 pins and store the data in a DATA list, then connect the TV resistors and read out the data.· There would have to be a long pause between each 8-pin sequence, which could do away with the pushbutton.· For the tester to work properly the pins should have nothing else connected to them.

Sid