Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Want to learn ! — Parallax Forums

Want to learn !

Basic or notBasic or not Posts: 1
edited 2006-05-20 14:18 in Propeller 1
Hello,

Just signed in for the first time because i really would like to get started on this project.
I·don't have any background on programming but this little gadget look's fine enough to learn on.

Could any of you guys tell me if it is the right thing to get started on?
Is it possible to upgrade the device with memory and so on?
Also·would like to have it emulate Amiga but is that fair thinking?

These are just some questions i hope you can help me

Greetings Henk (netherlands)

Comments

• GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-05-20 09:45
    The Propeller is a nice device, but whether or not it's the best to start learning...

It's so deceptively simple, and still so incredibly complex. smile.gif

I would recommend a BS2, and that you look at the Stampworks' Experiments

No, there's no way to upgrade the Propeller with more memory(though you can use a larger EEPROM, but it won't result in any larger program space)
    Emultaing an Amiga would have been fun, but completely impossible, I'm afraid.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-20 14:18
    Gadgetman,
    Motivation is a powerful thing.
    'Basic or not' might just do better because he immediately has something that uses a TV, a keyboard, and a mouse.

The right start is something that you feel you will stick with and enjoy. Some of us do it via making robots roll around, others might feel more at home with a keyboard and screen.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan