Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Polaroid — Parallax Forums

Polaroid

Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
edited 2004-11-04 23:32 in General Discussion
Folks -

I am planning on purchasing a wholesale lot of Polaroid "Polapulse" batteries before the end of this month. If anyone would like a part of this order, I'd be happy to "share the wealth". These are new batteries purchased directly from a battery wholesaler.

If you are not familiar with them, these are the flat pack batteries used in Polaroid Instant Film.·The particular battery that I'm purchasing is the P-100 model. Here is some general information below, and a PDF with particulars is attached.

Voltage: 6 volts nominal··· Instantaneous Amperage: 15 Amps and 8.5 Amps after 30 seconds.

Size: 3.73 inches x 2.04 inches x .185 inches···· Weight: 22 grams (.95 oz.)

Shape: Rectangular···· Contacts: Off-center of flat pack, both on one side

PDF has discharge curves, and shelf-life curves as well as other information.

Although these batteries are sold as non-rechargable, the PDF would indicate that successful recharging has been reported. I make no claims in this area at all. The most appealing features (as shown above) are the extremely high short term ampacity, small size, and low weight.

Tentative price is $ 8.00 each, postage paid anywhere in the USA, for one or more units. Large orders will have to incur a shipping surcharge, but I'll have to check with the US Post Office to see how that's going to work out. This will be cash-and-carry (no credit cards), US checks are acceptable, as well as money orders denominated in US dollars.

I can be contacted offlist at this email address:
··· bvbates @ usamailbox.com (remove spaces)

Regards,

Bruce Bates