Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ranging program — Parallax Forums

Ranging program

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-07-12 09:27 in General Discussion
I am working on a project which uses the Polaroid 6500 sonar ranging module with the instrument grade transducer. I plan to use the pulsout as my init pulse and the return echo will be my pulsin on the BASIC Stamp. I will then use the sound output to an earphone to indicate when an object is detected.

Is there anyone who knows of a program that is already written to perform these tasks?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

audio58@netzero,net

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-07-12 09:27
    At 04:20 PM 7/11/00, you wrote:
    I am working on a project whichuses the Polaroid 6500 sonar ranging module with the instrument gradetransducer. I plan to use the pulsout as my init pulse and the returnecho will be my pulsin on the BASIC Stamp. I will then use the soundoutput to an earphone to indicate when an object is detected.

Is there anyone who knows of a program that is alreadywritten to perform these tasks?

Check the Wirz website [noparse][[/noparse]www.wirz.com ] fordetails in the section for notes on the Sonar unit that they sell. Thistopic has been discussed numerous times over the last few years, on theParallax supported message lists. I'm sure an archive search would beproductive. Unfortunately, I don't know where the message archives liveany more <sigh>.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

audio58@netzero,net