Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GUI Bot software help — Parallax Forums

GUI Bot software help

Randy StadhamRandy Stadham Posts: 17
edited 2004-10-01 03:06 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Has anyone used this software? I am using it in beginner mode and have turned off the sensors. My problem is the servos only turn for 1.2 secounds and no more even if I turn the time to the max which is 25.5 secounds.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks,

Randy

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-09-20 21:07
    What type of computer are you using, is it a laptop?· If so, what type? ·Have you tried to disconnect the serial cable and press the reset button?

Thanks,

Dave
  • Randy StadhamRandy Stadham Posts: 17
    edited 2004-09-21 07:47
    Thanks Dave,

That did not help. One note I do not have the sensors installed. But... I thought that if I unchecked the box "sensors enabled" they would not be needed. I am trying to us this with a 3rd grade class and I wanted as little to get in the way as possible.

I want to use the bot on a table sitting on a big paper map of a city with roads and buildings drawn on it. The students would then try and direct using the GUI-Bot software. The car would start at one point on the map and drive it to another part of town.

Randy
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2004-09-23 22:09
    Hello,

Try the "Advanced" mode and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Dave
    edited 2004-09-25 08:54
    Thanks but still no use. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong. Anyone out there used this software with good results? Please let me know.

Randy
  • Russ FergusonRuss Ferguson Posts: 206
    edited 2004-09-29 23:51
    I had a student tell me the same thing last weekend. I haven't tested it for myself yet.
    edited 2004-09-30 02:34
    What I found out last night was that I went back to an older version of the GUI-Bot software and everythings works fine now.

Randy
    edited 2004-09-30 23:13
    Did you get the older version off of one of Parallax CD from last year or before? I would like know where to find the copy that you got to work. I have the last three Parallax CDs, so I will start with the one from last year. Thank you for the information.
    edited 2004-09-30 23:47
    Hi Russ,

I downloaded it for Parallax last year. The version is 1.0. Hope it works for you.

Let me know if you can not find it I can send you a copy.

Randy
    edited 2004-10-01 03:06
    Thank you for the help!

I will have a look at the GUI-BOT software on my old Parallax CDs this weekend. The Parallax CD that came with this years' BOE-BOT has version 1.2.