Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
flexcc libraries? — Parallax Forums

flexcc libraries?

What libraries are available for flexcc? I remember a while back someone was working on porting Simple Libraries. Was that effort completed? Where are the libraries located? What other libraries are available?

Comments

• If you download the zip file and unzipped it, the currently included libraries are in the include folder under flexprop.

It looks like simplei2c, simpletext, and simpletools are there.

You must have missed my plug and play video I did where I showed using my P1 with a number of items and then at the end of the video I dropped in a P2 and did plug and play again with custom libraries I wrote for the P1on the P2 with virtually no changes to the code.

Mike
  • Yeah, I've been gone from the forums for a while. I'm sure I missed lots of stuff. Also, I'm working on a project with my son now that, unfortunately, doesn't use the Propeller so I've been spending some time on that as well.
  • Well, there is not a shortage of platforms out there. Good Luck.

Mike
  • iseries wrote: »
    Well, there is not a shortage of platforms out there. Good Luck.

Mike
    It's not that I don't want to use the Propeller. It's just that we need to use an ESP8266 for this because we need wifi and the ESP itself has enough pins that it can handle our relatively simple application without adding a Propeller to the mix.

• I have done several program using the ESP8266 with Arduino. Works well.

I reference this web page: esp8266 library

Mike
  • iseries wrote: »
    I have done several program using the ESP8266 with Arduino. Works well.

I reference this web page: esp8266 library

Mike
    I started using the Arduino IDE but I just couldn't stand the editor after a while. It's too bad you can't build Arduino sketches from the command line and forget their terrible IDE.

• David Betz wrote: »
    I started using the Arduino IDE but I just couldn't stand the editor after a while. It's too bad you can't build Arduino sketches from the command line and forget their terrible IDE.
    https://arduino.cc/pro/cli

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2020-12-20 03:34
    dgately wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »
    https://arduino.cc/pro/cli
    Wow! That's great. I didn't know about the CLI. I'll certainly give it a try. Thanks!