Happy Holidays

2»

Comments

  • ercoerco Posts: 19,842
    And a great, safe, healthy 2021 to all!
  • frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,783
    edited 2021-01-01 07:01
    And you as well erco. 'course a good part of the world already has a bit of a head start on us! but gotta say AMF to 2020!!! It was here for a year, and as the old employee reference goes, we were happy with it when it left... maybe..... And now 2020 is in the can....quick, let's flush it........
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,191
    Happy New Year everyone.

    Hopefully it will settle down to being a better one than the horrid 2020.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,679
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone.

    Hopefully it will settle down to being a better one than the horrid 2020.

    It would hard for 2021 to be worse, and it certainly looks like things are starting to go in a positive direction.
  • erco wrote: »
    Some people have too much time on their hands. WOW!


    Yes they but it is very good and I am sure it took some time to put this all together

  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,310
    If 'they' would be living next to me, I might be annoyed by it.

    Mike
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,842
    msrobots wrote: »
    If 'they' would be living next to me, I might be annoyed by it.

    Mike

    So how would you exact revenge retaliate respond?

    https://tenor.com/view/the-grinch-evil-smile-creepy-smile-gif-7618321
  • msrobotsmsrobots Posts: 3,310
    moving to my fishing cabin for a while?

    Mike
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 17,191
    kwinn wrote: »
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone.

    Hopefully it will settle down to being a better one than the horrid 2020.

    It would hard for 2021 to be worse, and it certainly looks like things are starting to go in a positive direction.

    Unfortunately not looking good :(
    Our daughter and family live in the UK and they are in lockdown and getting worse.
    One of her twin boys has a disease and is on crutches. She is concerned it has spread to the second leg. Her specialist appointment next week has been re-scheduled to a phone appointment and no xrays. But only an xray will confirm whether it has spread. Crutches are worse if it has spread. Her other twin is exhibiting symptoms and has his first specialist appointment in 2 weeks. Without an xray they will not know whether to begin treatment.
    She is a teacher and schools are starting to lockdown too. And we were unable to visit last year and this year looks unlikely too. She really needs her mum even tho she has great in-laws nearby.

    So, 2021 is certainly shaping up worse for her!
  • Cluso99 wrote: »
    Her specialist appointment next week has been re-scheduled to a phone appointment and no xrays. But only an xray will confirm whether it has spread.

    Wow, that's terrible.

    Yet despite Germany doing a lockdown, too, my relatively unimportant endocrinologist appointment in 1.5 weeks is still taking in place, despite being the kind of thing they could actually do over the phone (and I'd even prefer that).

    The medical system is truly a sight to behold.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,679
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    kwinn wrote: »
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone.

    Hopefully it will settle down to being a better one than the horrid 2020.

    It would hard for 2021 to be worse, and it certainly looks like things are starting to go in a positive direction.

    Unfortunately not looking good :(
    Our daughter and family live in the UK and they are in lockdown and getting worse.
    One of her twin boys has a disease and is on crutches. She is concerned it has spread to the second leg. Her specialist appointment next week has been re-scheduled to a phone appointment and no xrays. But only an xray will confirm whether it has spread. Crutches are worse if it has spread. Her other twin is exhibiting symptoms and has his first specialist appointment in 2 weeks. Without an xray they will not know whether to begin treatment.
    She is a teacher and schools are starting to lockdown too. And we were unable to visit last year and this year looks unlikely too. She really needs her mum even tho she has great in-laws nearby.

    So, 2021 is certainly shaping up worse for her!

    That's truly a sad situation to be in, and I hope that having a vaccine available will help restore some level of normalcy to the medical situation.
  • We aren't as tightly locked down here in Az, appointments are being done telemedically where possible, but in person if necessary, with the usual "precautions". The downside to all this is that while hospitals have cut out non-emergent surgeries etc, there is fear that people are going wait to long to get medical exam/treatment for something and be far worse off than had they made the appointments, masked up and did the rest of whatever the providers think limits COVID spread. To many politicians have stuck their members in the pot and stirred. Now there are reports of frontline workers not taking the vaccine, some because they don't trust the approval process, others because it is a .0 product. I got part one so far. No direct patient contact, but every imaging or related system service call is a potential point of exposure. Can't take a chance of getting it and putting the whole house at risk. Part two in another week. @Cluso99, thoughts and prayers for the grand-guys.....
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,842
    Something silly from Facebook for your consideration. Not as good as "resistance is futile" on a Fluke DMM but OK. TransformaThor is an outlier, but the rest work well enough.

    conducThor.jpg
    960 x 948 - 82K
Sign In or Register to comment.