Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Eric Smith's FlexGUI presentation starting now — Parallax Forums

Comments

• This was time very well spent. Thank you Eric, Ken & all!
  • Thanks everyone for coming, and thank you Ken for setting up this series of Zoom meetings!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,901
    Nice job Eric! I do want to try out your C soon... It's very nice that can mix languages together into one file...
  • Eric Well done!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Eric,
    Sorry I couldn't make it :(
    We moved house this week so it's been hectic with end of year work as well. I will catch up on the video later.
  • Time zone made it difficult to attend.
    I'll have to wait for the movie to be released. :)
  • ozpropdev wrote: »
    Time zone made it difficult to attend.
    I'll have to wait for the movie to be released. :)
    Make Popcorn! :smiley:
  • I really appreciate the energy Eric has put into FlexGUI, just like @Publison noted above. As the P2 community, we must all work together to ensure the long-term success of this tool. It provides several benefits that over the Propeller Tool [which may be important to some customers] like running on a Mac, running Spin objects from C, and having Eric here on the forums to continually improve the whole ecosystem.

How do we support him? We (you and Parallax) must develop the P2 community to become self-sustaining and successful. Business success creates opportunity for Parallax to support Eric. You, individually, should also support his effort through PayPal or his Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/totalspectrum

I noticed two or three Patreon donations were made today. One of them was from Parallax. How about the rest of us? Are you using FlexGUI? If so, consider supporting Total Spectrum Software to continue this tool development! If FlexGUI contributes to your success in any way, you must also share and reinvest.

As for the P2, it needs a killer app, impressive demos, and really useful objects. This will be our next big push. So far, we've had good contributions from JonnyMac and Ahle.

Ken Gracey
  • Oh, and we're about 68% into the YouTube upload....

It all takes time: getting it downloaded from Zoom, uploaded to YouTube, adding titles, etc.

Ken Gracey
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,901
    edited 2020-07-02 03:16
    It's also nice to see some of the forum members, sorta in person...

I'm impressed with Ken's Zoom skills... He must have been at this for a while...

Guess this is as close as we get to Propeller Expo 2 :(
  • Rayman wrote: »
    Guess this is as close as we get to Propeller Expo 2 :(

Nonsense! There was no popcorn, goofy hats, or adult beverages. No lampshades were worn. Nobody ended-up in the pool. I think we can do MUCH better for a proper Virtual Prop Fest! :)
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    I really appreciate the energy Eric has put into FlexGUI, just like @Publison noted above. As the P2 community, we must all work together to ensure the long-term success of this tool. It provides several benefits that over the Propeller Tool [which may be important to some customers] like running on a Mac, running Spin objects from C, and having Eric here on the forums to continually improve the whole ecosystem.

How do we support him? We (you and Parallax) must develop the P2 community to become self-sustaining and successful. Business success creates opportunity for Parallax to support Eric. You, individually, should also support his effort through PayPal or his Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/totalspectrum

I noticed two or three Patreon donations were made today. One of them was from Parallax. How about the rest of us? Are you using FlexGUI? If so, consider supporting Total Spectrum Software to continue this tool development! If FlexGUI contributes to your success in any way, you must also share and reinvest.

As for the P2, it needs a killer app, impressive demos, and really useful objects. This will be our next big push. So far, we've had good contributions from JonnyMac and Ahle.

Ken Gracey
    I agree that we should support Eric's efforts. I've made numerous PayPal donations but I prefer not to make a regular monthly donation through Patreon. I hope my occasional PayPal donations are helpful.

• David Betz wrote: »
    I agree that we should support Eric's efforts. I've made numerous PayPal donations but I prefer not to make a regular monthly donation through Patreon. I hope my occasional PayPal donations are helpful.

They're very helpful David, thank you. All kinds of support -- both monetary and otherwise -- are great. Contributions of code, documentation, and even bug reports (with repo cases!) all help a lot. Thanks to everyone who's been helping out!

Cheers,
    Eric