Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
When will the P2 be released — Parallax Forums

When will the P2 be released

Hi,

I wonder if there is a final date for the official release of the P2. Any schedule? Or plan?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,192
    edited 2019-11-22 00:29
    There hasn't been any show-stopper as yet but there is likely to be a short period of letting this latest batch of boards and chips getting some field use before committing to a production run at On Semi.

EDIT: Huh, I see there is another topic on this - https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/170809/p2x8c4m64p-approved-for-production
  • Oh, I noticed it right after opening this topic.

• Add 22 weeks to December 1st for a release date and two more weeks for the P2 Launch Party.

Ken Gracey
  • That early! Sweet. I got time off to book, and air and car points to get there.

• potatohead wrote: »
    That early! Sweet. I got time off to book, and air and car points to get there.

Good, you're also a member of the P2 Launch Party Planning Committee. Save time for that too, potatohead!

Ken Gracey
  • Do you have a date for the launch party yet? I’d really like to be there!
  • I'm hoping we can get a "Save the Date - P2 Launch Party" out next week, or at least the first week of December. I need to write the PO to ON Semi to begin the countdown.

At present, it looks like end of April / early May. Any earlier and we won't have P2 production chips to throw into the sky like confetti; any later and it gets really hot in Sacramento.

Ken Gracey
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2019-11-22 21:15
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    potatohead wrote: »
    That early! Sweet. I got time off to book, and air and car points to get there.

Good, you're also a member of the P2 Launch Party Planning Committee. Save time for that too, potatohead!

Ken Gracey

Done. Tell me how I can help. I did a ton of travel for the 3d printing related startup. It might as well get some good done.

Apr/May

Perfect way to kick off Q2.

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    I'm hoping we can get a "Save the Date - P2 Launch Party" out next week, or at least the first week of December. I need to write the PO to ON Semi to begin the countdown.

At present, it looks like end of April / early May. Any earlier and we won't have P2 production chips to throw into the sky like confetti; any later and it gets really hot in Sacramento.

Ken Gracey
    I'm just hoping it won't be the week of May 10th since that is my concert week. I'll be looking forward to your "save the date" email!

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Add 22 weeks to December 1st for a release date and two more weeks for the P2 Launch Party.

Ken Gracey
    That would place the release date in May next year.